YERT – Your Environmental Road Trip – is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, eco-minded and web-savvy intern to kick-start and drive a variety of marketing initiatives for its documentary film project. YERT has a nationally recognized brand and over 2000 people on various mailing lists, including a solid volunteer base. The YERT team has also recently submitted an initial rough cut of the YERT feature film to the Sundance Film Festival. As YERT fast approaches the release of its feature film, it’s time to build upon that strong foundation to get the project — and the exciting sustainability ideas we support — in front of as many people as possible. Sustainability can be fun, and you can help spread the word around the world! (Check out the feature film trailer and 50 more short films at http://www.yert.com)
* 10-20 hours/week
* Starting immediately
* Work available through Dec. 2010
* Position is unpaid, but interns will be noted in feature film credits.
* Position will give you valuable experience inside an environmental film marketing campaign.
* We are happy to work with your school advisor to see if they can give you course credit.
Pittsburgh, PA preferred, but can work from anyplace with high speed Internet.
* Be at least 18 years old.
* Must have computer with high-speed Internet access.
* Very comfortable with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, blog culture, and related web tools.
* Interest in film marketing and/or grassroots organizing.
* Some project management and organizing experience preferable.
* Interest in environmental/sustainability issues.
Work closely with film co-producers Mark Dixon and Ben Evans to develop and implement film marketing strategy, including but not limited to:
* Submit YERT shorts and feature film to film festivals worldwide.
* Work to get YERT videos embedded in blog and news sites.
* Develop grass-roots film screening parties in communities, colleges, and homes nationwide.
* Increase traffic and subscribers to YERT.com and other online outlets, including YouTube and Facebook channels.
* Coordinate and drive volunteer projects to support marketing initiatives.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Mark Dixon, email@example.com, 415-672-5537. Be sure to add “YERT Marketing Intern” to the e-mail subject line.
YERT, which stands for “Your Environmental Road Trip,” (http://www.yert.com) is a one year 50-state video documentary road trip to explore and personalize sustainability across the country. All throughout the journey, Mark Dixon, Ben Evans, and Julie Evans released fast-paced videos online to share their adventures, including their very own “road rules” eco-challenges (like keeping all of their garbage in the car all year), visits to environmentally significant destinations, and most importantly, interviews with over 800 leaders, businesspeople, researchers, and average citizens from all walks of life. Their work has been featured on Treehugger, the Weather Channel, Voice of America, the San Francisco Chronicle, and on NPR stations nationwide via the environmental news program, “Living on Earth.” Having completed principal shooting and the travel portion of the project, the team is working on “YERT Phase 2” — developing a feature film, additional short films, live presentations, and educational curriculum based on the project.